Wednesday, July 18, 2007
I was able to pick 6 cups of blackberries before the season was over! This morning I made the jam. I was worried at first that it would not work out. Usually if I succeed in something, then the next time I fail. If I fail the first time, then the next time I will fail again... those are my kitchen statistics so far. Well by the time I mushed the blackberries I did not have the 6cups it required. When I opened the package of pectin I realized I did not have a full pack. Used a little of it when I made strawberry jam. To my surprise it is actually good. Not really thick but not runny. A nice soft spreadable jam. It made 3 jars worth. I used the recipe from here. In a few weeks blueberries should be ready for picking. Peacock is already asking for a blueberry pie! Oh yummm.