Monday, January 29, 2007

OPEN DOORS

My Mom had her first mission meeting last night. She already had decided, Lord willing, she is going to go to Ecuador. At the meeting she found out there will not be an African team this summer. She did found out where in Ecuador the team is going. Mantoba, I believe. Anyway, my Mom recognized the name and said we went there while in Ecuador. He got out the map and it is the town right next to Latacunga where we ministered for two summers! Wow, God is allowing her to go back to the same place. Not just anywhere in Ecuador but the exact same area. The leader of the team is excited to have some one who has been to Ecuador before and has experience with the people. She has been praying for 17 years to go back to Ecuador. My parents both prayed and worked on going to Ecuador or anywhere for missions. The Lord just never opened the way for full term missions. God is opening the door for her to back on an evangelistic team. Each member will have their personal translator. I am going to go dig up my journal and see if I have that town listed. Also, going to try and find my spanish songbook that we sang out of while there.

Brings back such wonderful memories for me. I only wish my siblings had experienced it with us. But they were grown and either married or out of the house.

oh, and she has a picture of me and Dusty Rose! I will post that in a few days when she gives it to me! I cannot wait to show off Dusty Rose!

For now, this was the picture on our prayer card.

No comments: