Wednesday, January 10, 2007

AFRICA OR ECUADOR?

You may recall my Mom going to Kenya Africa for a mission trip last summer. Well she is praying about going back this summer. She found out the other day that there is a mission team going to Ecuador! She can decide which country. Not a hard question to answer, Ecuador if Lord wills. To go back to Ecuador after all these years would top her mission trip last year. What an experience and answer to prayer for my Mom to be able to go on this mission trip. Please pray that the Lord provides a way for her to go.

History: my parents and I went on a 6wk mission trip to Quito, Ecuador back in 1989 (I was 14yo). Then in 1990 they were the leaders for the 6wk mission trip to Latacunga, Ecuador. What an experience. What a smell. What a privilege to be among the Quechian Indians. What a beautiful country amidst the poverty. What an opportunity to see where Jim Elliot and families lived.

So where am I in this picture? The one holding the baby OF COURSE!

1 comment:

Laura said...

thanks for the history-I didn't know any of that. That would be wonderful for your Mom to get to go back there-will pray for that.
And loved the pic of you!
:-)