Thursday, November 30, 2006

HOMESCHOOLING

I want to say that I am very thankful for the opportunity and privilege to homeschool! I know it is really easy right now and hard days or trying days will come.. that is part of life and parenting BUT I am really loving it right now! I cannot imagine sending Peacock off to school for 8 hours a day and not making these memories with him.

I love how we can adapt our schooling to our plans... family visiting it is okay to take a day off to go to the park or art day with Grammy! Daddy surprises us by coming home from work early -- more time to play with Daddy! Finish our work early in the week and go to the library on Friday picnic with Grandma for lunch! I love it!

My only homeschooling problem so far... those wonderful curriculum catalogs are coming in my mailbox AGAIN and I want it all!!! Thanks Audrey for sharing Lakeshore Learning where I want a tons of stuff from now as well!!! Hey, they even have the folding cart I have been looking for! I must buy it for our library visits!

One thing for sure, "I will order and decide on curriculum before Aug 1st!" Says the procrastinator me...

2 comments:

Audrey said...

I'm always eager to help LOL
If it makes you feel any better, for me at least, the glamour of the curriculumn catalogs wore off after about 2 years. I guess by then I knew what was going to work for us and what just wasnt. I hardly ever look at them anymore...except for Lakeshore ;-)

Have you looked at the HOW website? It is unit study based BUT completely biblical and with structure, where alot of units leave the planning up to you. I love it! Its inexpensive as well. $15 for each unit. I did a post about what we use earlier in the year, I will repost it...it gives the 4 year outline of the HOW system, as well as the other things we use.

rcsnickers said...

Oh yeah, I remember reading about that. I am not sure if I went to their site. I will have to try and see if it looks familar. Thanks.


Letisha