Saturday, October 21, 2006

PRE-BIRTHDAY STUFF


Yesterday Peacock went for an afternoon errand running with Grammy and Gramps. When he came back home he stood outside the door and would not come in. He had his hands behind his back and a smile on his face. I gave him a hug and he did not hug with his arms around me. I could not figure out the reasoning for the way he was acting. Then he slid behind me through the door walking up the stairs sideways and ran to his room. Grammy then told me he picked out a birthday present for HooDoo and that was why he was acting different. He had it behind him. I quickly grabbed the wrapping paper, box, tape and scissors and went to his room. He wrapped the present all by himself. He was very proud of himself and knew HooDoo would love it! I thought that was the sweetest thing....

Conversation with HooDoo
Me: What do you want for your birthday?
HooDoo: I want a robot, a tank with a gun here and a gun here and a gun here, a sword that makes noise, a knight, a dragon, and on and on and on he listed.
Me: Now what if you only get a robot. Will you be happy with just that?
HooDoo: If I only get a cake for my birthday I will say 'Thank you for the cake' but you love me so you got me presents for my birthday!
Me: Yeah, we do love you and got you presents for your birthday!


[Blogger again will not let me attach a picture... will try again later... ]

2 comments:

Erin said...

Awwww. That is so cute!

Laura said...

How sweet of Peacock and how discerning Hoo-Doo is. :-)

You know I've been having tons of problems w/Blogger posting pics as well-not sure what's going on. I used to be able to do it w/my post-just by hitting the attach graphics button and uploading pics. Now I have to do it through Picasa-and only by hitting Blog This-if I do it through Hello (in Picasa) some pics only develop half-way. Crazy!