Wednesday, October 18, 2006

HIS FIRST TOOTH


The other morning I woke up to Smiley smiling in bed next to me! I thought to rub his gums and to my surprise I felt the top of his first bottom tooth! Also, he has perfected the military crawl around the house! This afternoon he made his way to Little Mama's baby doll stroller. He pulled it back towards him and started lifting it up and down -- like weights! Such a boy...

You know it is strange. When I first had Peacock, I remember thinking "oh I cannot wait until he crawls and talks and can play with him." My sister would remind me to just enjoy the newborn time because it all goes to fast. She would know, hers are way older than I like to admit or even realize! And she is right! HooDoo came along and I kinda wished him older faster. Little Mama came along and I was fine with whatever she was doing at that time. Now? I do not want Smiley getting bigger or advancing! I want him to remain baby, cute, cooing, etc. But yet, I look forward to his personality and how he fits and shapes our family ultimately the Lord's family. I pray Lord willing we will have more children to which enjoy more baby seasons and first tooths and walks.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I know exactly what you mean about wishing away baby stages. I'm trying not to do that w/Ella but it's hard. Congratulations, Smiley, on your 1st tooth!

Audrey said...

He's adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, he is so cute! :) What a little honey!

rcsnickers said...

Thank you!!

Letisha