Saturday, September 16, 2006

TORN BETWEEN TWO EMOTIONS

Well as a female I have more than two emotions, but lately these past two emotions have been the strongest. For some reason when my baby hits five months I start to wonder when and who will be our next child? It seems like I keep hearing of someone newly pregnant! My ears are open for new baby news... anyone wanna announce???? I know of several who are currently expecting and am very excited for their upcoming arrivals (yeah Audrey)!!! My mind is totally babies, babies, babies... oh the mushy mummy bug!

The other is crazy, but for my personal past -- not so crazy. It is just the opposite of birth -- who in my family or will I die next? I know, but it truly on the forefront of my mind! I need to shake it! (My Mom if and when reading this will freak out! I know it is her thought as well.... who is next.). Maybe it has to do with several father figures visiting someone I know lately. I long to hug my father! I long to joke with my father! I long to watch my father hold/kiss/play with my children!! I long to see his smile!

So I thank you Dad Reese for being near by! I thank you Mr. Miller for visiting my Mom and us. I thank you Mr. Hupfer for visiting Sarah and allowing us to visit with you as well. I so love it when you visit! It reminds me of the wonderful times my Mom and Dad drove up to visit us! Of course, poor Mom and Dad had to sleep out in tents because we seriously did not have room for them in our shed, oops I mean house. Hey Dan, what's a little sister gotta do to get you to come all the way down here for a hug???

Hey, check it out... it seems my brother Brian who is with the Lord is also on a webpage! Click on Colorado River Race Results (2nd to bottom). His name is listed in 1996 solo race seventh place! That was a canoe race he did when they first moved out to CO. How funny....

Hey, check it out! I have a headstone with my name on it, well kinda my maiden name. It the actual family cemetary where my parents when expecting Brian saw the name Letisha and decided to name their next daughter. How many people have that for a name history... oh I was named from a headstone! nice. Of course, that only fits when a child has a mother who LOVES to visit cemetaries! I know, I come from a weird family!

Okay, I am going to keep thinking babies... much less depressing than the other thoughts.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm...were we twins seperated at birth? LOL I to have been dwelling on the same two things. Obviously the first because there is a baby coming but the later is disturbing me. My dh has been dealing with health issues that no one can diagnose and my mind seems to be comtinualy thinking about how I would handle life if he were to take a turn for the worse. I have been thinking about things like will I move to the country? Will I stay here and finish remodeling the house. On and On my mind goes. I just want it to stop. I start to feel guilty but I really think it is just my minds way of releasing the worry. Ugg!

Audrey

Anonymous said...

re: visiting cemeteries, i'm hoping to do that soon when i go home to aiken for a visit. i've been doing some ancestry research and am eager to find out more by visiting the family graves/reading the tombstones. so, no, i don't think your mom is weird. :-)

Anonymous said...

by the way, that last comment was from me--sorry i forgot to put my name-i'm used to logging in and it doing it for me. :-)
laura

rcsnickers said...

Audrey--

I am starting to think we were twins separated at birth!

I hope you find out what is causing Rob's health issues! I will pray for you and your mind wondering as mine is!

Letisha