Monday, September 11, 2006

SHOE BOX GIFTS FOR CHILDREN

We are studying the postal service this week during school. I wanted to get a package together to send. I like the Operation Christmas Program and thought I would go out on a limb and do it myself. I really like the idea of sending it to someone we know personally and could use the gifts/items. My problem is I cannot decide which group.

Group A: Kenya. There is a new church in Kenya that we support. Our church sent them boxes of Bibles for their people. They had none. I thought it would be nice to see how many children they have in their church/area and send them individual children package (the shoe box idea). I talked with Wanda,Pastor's wife from our church, and come to find out she and another lady were talking about the same idea. We need to do something for the children. She said the church would pay for the shipping -- I was guessing I would if not over my budget.

Group B: my friends have a prison ministry in South America. When a mother goes to prison her children go with her. They go to the prison, pick up the children and bring them back to their place. They give them a bath, clean clothes, food, bible lessons, play, teach to read, etc. The children have nothing but what the y give or do for them.

So will you pray with us, that the Lord will put the group on our hearts that would need these gifts? I really like this idea because I can personally ask either group what they need, the ages they need for, boy/girl, etc. More personal items for the children who are in need.

We shall see where the Lord leads...

Economy mail parcel postage rate takes 4-6weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just checking your anonymous theory. We did the she boxes for christmas a few years back. It was alot of fun.

Anonymous said...

oh shoot....that was me Audrey

Anonymous said...

Yay it worked!! O.k I'll stop know. LOL

Audrey