Wednesday, April 20, 2011

SPRING

We have baby birds in our bird house. I found this yummy edible nest!





WARNING.........

NEXT PICTURE IS NOT A FAVORITE OF MINE NOR ANYONE WHO FEARS SNAKES....

I WARNED YOU....

The ugly part of spring is these guys in the yard or pond. Smiley informed me that the dogs were barking at a big snake in our driveway. Not one to get too close to check it out. I just assumed it was a water moccasin. My only solution was for all of us to hop in the van and drive over it. We ran over it at least 50 times!! Just to make sure it was dead!!!! It is dead. Mom could not find any fangs so not sure if it was in fact a poisonous snake. My rule of thumb is a dead snake is a good snake, or safe snake!!! Oh I could not eat or sleep the rest of that night. My mind played horrible games on me!!!

Why did I put all the kids in the van? Well to prevent from any wanders running behind the van while I backed up very fast!!!! What was it like inside the van?? Oh Peacock was beyond excited!!! "Go again, go again! To the left, to the right! You got it, Mommy!!!" he excitedly proclaimed!!! HooDoo on the other hand has my fear of snakes. "Please don't do this again!!! Let me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" he cried! Myself pulling my legs up and screeching making sure in fact we did see him again when we backed up. Lord forbid he climb up under.... oh not going there with that thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough of that... shivers just writing that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



1 comment:

Alissa said...

I share your fear and dislike for snakes. Even the 'friendly' garter snakes do not impress me one bit!! If I never see a snake in my life I'd be a happy camper :)