Thursday, April 14, 2011

COMPARISON

I want to be honest. Some days I hate parenting!!! Seriously, it is hard, frustrating, and tiring! It is a smack in the face!

You ever have a child that just frustrates you to the core? This child does not even deserve a birthday cake. I will make that child a cake because I love that child. He has unkind words to people. He never does a chore happily. He never says thank you. He grumbles and complains. Maybe not NEVER but it seems like it!

STOP and sit down with the child. Hug them, love them, and they will have a change of heart! If not, continue to have a hard battle for the rest of the day! Slamming the door on their way out will only hurt the relationship and problem.

Here is the smack in the face. I am a child of God. Do I always say thanks? I grumble and complain all the time. I don't deserve my gifts. Maybe not always but it seems like it. Yet, Christ LOVES ME and everyone no matter what! Do I deserve salvation? No, but he gives it to me as a GIFT!

Do I close my heart to prayer and God's word? If so, then I will continue to face the battle for the rest of the day/life. If I stop, pray, talk to God, REPENT, then and only then will our relationship be healed. Then and only then will my heart be changed!

Our family verse that we are learning right now in time for Resurrection Sunday is Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrated his love toward us, in while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

Thank you Lord that I am learning these lessons even through the hard days of parenting. Through my own selfish flesh. Through my own sinful heart.

All of this seemed worded better in my head while I was sweeping the floor....

1 comment:

Emily said...

Thank you...perfectly said! And so true! I was feeling the same way about one of mine when I realized "this is exactly how I make God feel...and He loves me anyway!"
Sorry this comment is so out-of-date. I just found your link again and am catching up. The kids are growing so and are so beautiful, especially that baby!