Thursday, May 15, 2008

WEDDING MEME

1. Where/How did you meet?
Bob Jones University, summer school for me, summer work program for him, playing sand volleyball. Actually during the school year I worked with his brother at the hospital and he said that I should meet his brother. We would make a great couple (something to that fact). I thought okay, whatever. But he was busy with his girlfriend, now wife, and the Lord planned for us to meet during the summer. Hey, brother was right! Thanks!

2. How long have you known each other?
1996 to present

3. How long after you met did you start dating?
That's hard to answer... at BJU you cannot date off campus and on campus would not be considered "dating." We talked on the phone when he was in one state and me in another state. Those were some big phone bills!

4. How long did you date before you were engaged?
He proposed on the property where we live July 4, 1997

5. How long was your engagement?
10 months

6. How long have you been married?
10 years

7. What is your anniversary?
May 16, 1998

8. How many people came to your wedding reception?
50?

9. What kind of cake did you serve?
A friend of my Mom made our cake.

10. Where was your wedding?
At my church in Lakeland, FL

11. What did you serve for your meal?
No meal, just the normal cake, mints, punch,

12. How many people were in your bridal party?
5

13. Are you still friends with them all?
My sister was my Matron of honor and I talk to her constantly. One of my bridesmaids emails me. Our Groomsmen are great and still in contact with all of them. Just faithful friends they are!

14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony?
NO!

15. Most special moment of your wedding day?
Well I consider this a wedding gift, so here is my answer. Daniel and his Dad built our house (22x14) as a surprise to me and our first home. We lived in it for 3 years until we built our house which is connected to it. The little house is now our laundry room, storage room and second bathroom. How did we live in that small house? Love, I say, love.

16. Any funny moments?


17. Any big disasters?
The day before our wedding as we were heading to the court house for our marriage license an elderly lady ran a stop sign and broadsided us. Thankfully Daniel was able to control the car and enter the Dairy Queen parking lot and not the ditches on either side of the entrance. She was smoking and had a bag full of medication. We ended up with a rental and of course not old enough to take the rental out of state. We had a non refundable cabin in the Smokey Mountains and went anyway! Mom and Dad drove the car back to where they live.

18. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
We stayed in a cabin at the Top of Townsend in the Smokey Mountains.

19. How long were you gone?
4 days, 3 nights

20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change?
I forgot that I wanted to walk down the aisle to a Canon in D song with Seek Ye First mixed in it. Very pretty.

21. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
depends on how many children are in our bed.

22. What size is your bed?
double

23. Greatest strengths as a couple?
God

24. Greatest challenge as a couple?
Our sinful nature

25. Who literally pays the bills?
He works, I write out the checks, and we both spend!

26. What is your song?
Don't really have one.

27. What did you dance your first dance to?
no dancing at the reception

28. Describe your wedding dress.
Empire waist, cream color, floral design on top, very pretty!

29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding?
Silk flowers. I wanted my flowers to be something useful in the future so I had a heart shape wreath with flowers and ribbon on it. I thought it was pretty. Now it hangs above our bed!

30. Are your wedding bands engraved? What do they say?
14k

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love that your first tiny little house was built for you...and that it's still part of your house now. Thanks for sharing this, it was fun to read!