Wednesday, February 20, 2008

V Day recap

Giggle Belly game Mom found and showed us how to play it. The kids lay down with their head on another child's belly. Starting at one end (we did the youngest to make it easy for them) they each say "ha" adding a "ha" to the number they are. You know, the first child says "ha" second child says "ha ha" third child says "ha ha ha" without laughing until all children say their "ha!" It was fun and and probably could of been played better had my older boys not had the giggle bugs to start with! Will definately try it again....


Sugar Cookies

1 stick margarine
1/4c shortening
1c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2c flour
1 tsp baking powder

Mix ingredients
Stir in flour and baking powder
Cover and chill 1 hour
Heat 400 degree
Roll dough 1/4" thick
Cut into shapes
Bake 5-7 minutes

I have tried several other sugar cookie recipes and never thought of them as great. I have finally found one I love! Yummy....

I thought this was interesting... that evening I made a carrot cake for my Mom. Okay, from a box because I have never made it from scratch. Anyway, I noticed on the cream cheese icing container that cream cheese is not even in the ingredient list!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yes, they were very good cookies!!

Later that day Eliana wanted to play "giggle eyes" too... I wasn't quite sure how that would work!! lol