Wednesday, May 02, 2007

WILD ELEPHANT GIVES BIRTH AT ULUSABA

With our computer being reinstalled I am having to save my bookmarks again! Thankfully I remember everyone's blog address. I went to Spinning Babies to mark it and noticed they have a blog. Looks like it will be a good read. Well I saw a post for an elephant birth on video. You have to watch it! It is beautiful. The kids loved it. I am so thankful for dsl and the ability to actually see it!

Video

I might have to try kicking or swinging my leg next time in birth. Amazing that the male elephant comes up and comforts her. Like gives her a drink. They entwine their trunks together. All the elephants are around while she labors. Even the small elephants. I wonder if they are her other young ones or just young ones in the herd.

Just amazing!!!

2 comments:

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

That is amazing! I sent the link to my mama and sisters - thanks!

Emily said...

Wow. It is amazing how the other elephants stay around for support...and maybe also to ward off hostile animals. I love his little white feet. :)