Friday, March 02, 2007

CINNAMON ROLLS


According to Peacock, I have improved in my cooking skills. I have gone from "Mommy, you make the best hot dogs in the world" to "Mommy, I am proud of you. You make good cinnamon rolls and fun sticky icing!" What will I achieve to next?

Cinnamon Rolls
2 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
mix together
Cut in 1/2 cup of butter
Mx 3/4 cup milk
Knead 10 times on floured surface.

Roll out in rectangle shape.
Put on butter and sprinkle cin/sugar mixture. (1/2 cup sugar and 2 T cinnamon)

Each time you roll the dough lather butter and sprinkle cin/sugar on it until all the dough is rolled.
Cut into slices and put on baking sheet.
Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.

Icing

1 cup of Conf sugar
spoon of butter
vanilla
milk
Mix until the consistency you want -- not too thick

Spoon over hot rolls and eat! Delicious!

Note: This is nothing fancy just really good biscuits or cinnamon rolls. The recipe is from Mom and the butter/cin/sugar sprinkle each time you roll is a take off idea from Derek.

3 comments:

Laura said...

sounds DE-licious! Will have to try it.

Just made some sticky buns this morning-a new recipe from the Krafts food magazine-do you get that? They were good,but we decided we're not putting the cream cheese in the middle of the biscuits next time-it was just too much! But I kept thinking-I wish I had a good cinnamon roll recipe-now I do!

rcsnickers said...

I have always wanted to make sticky buns. The recipe I have has to let it rise and well I usually don't prepair enough time to allow rising time! I used to get Kraft food magazine. Was it a recent issue? When did you receive it? I wonder if I will still receive them since I have never canceled. I have only kept a few recipies from them. I just love to look at the pictures of the food in there! Yummy!

Hey, if I don't get it, then can you share the recipe with me? Thanks.

Letisha

Laura said...

It's from the latest magazine-I got it about 6 weeks ago, maybe? I've thrown away the cover so I don't know exactly. I try to go through and tear out ones I like and put them in sleeves in my recipe folder.
Here's the recipe:

Pull-apart maple pecan sticky buns
3/4 c. chopped pecans
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, divided
1/3 c. maple-flavored syrup
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 cans (12 oz. each) buttermilk biscuits
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, cut into 20 cubes

Re: cream cheese, we thought it was too much, so you might not want to do it-but if you're a huge cream cheese fan, then go for it! :-)

preheat oven to 400. spray 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch pan w/cooking spray. sprinkle pecans evenly on bottom of prepared pan; set aside. melt 2 tbsp. butter in microwave. add syrup; stir until well blended. drizzle over pecans in pan; set aside.

melt remaining butter; set aside. mix sugar and cinnamon; set aside. separate dough into 20 biscuits; press each slightly into 1/4 inch thickness. roll cream cheese cubes in cinnamon and sugar mixtures until evenly coated. place 1 cream cheese cube in center of biscuit circle; gather up sides of dough to enclose filling. press edges together to seal; roll into a ball. dip top of each ball into butter, then into cinnamon sugar.

arrange half balls, cinnamon-sugar sides up, in prepared pan. repeat w/remaining balls to form a second layer. drizzle w/any remaining butter; sprinkle w/remaining cinn. sugar.

bake 30 min or until golden brown. cool 1 min. in pan; invert onto serving platter. scrape any remaining pecans left in pan; spoon over buns.

makes 20 servings, 1 bun each

they really are yummy; hope you like them!
:-)