Thursday, December 14, 2006

TICK TACK TOE MATH STYLE


Here is a new game we played after we finished with school. Math lesson disguised by learning to add. You draw a tick tack toe board. Write in 1-9 in the squares. You pick a square and add 1 to that number (we wrote the number sentence out to the side of the board). If correct you erase the number and write in your X or O. The one who gets three in a row wins! It really helped Peacock learn to add and have fun playing a game! He really caught on! Peaock won three times and I won once! After that we played another round of Homeschoolopoly! Tonight we take on Grandma!


UPDATE: Peacock beat us in Homeschoolopoly! We played a short version (1 hr) and our money was going his way very quickly! Then he landed on Field Trip which he gets to collect all the money in the center of the board where all my other money went to very quickly thanks to a school tax I kept landing on! We all had fun!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Love this idea! I'll have to remember it for Ella...

Audrey said...

Great game! If you have any others to share I would love to here about them. My boys (and myself) love to play games of all sorts.