Monday, October 09, 2006

BURNED RIGHT THROUGH MY WALLET....

Remember the yard sale? Remember how in my terms I said we did really well? Well some people can have a yard sale and make a bucket load of money. I come out with $10 I am a happy person. At this yard sale I made exactly $27!!! I was happy! I can find something new and nice for the house!

Well one night last week Peacock and I were doing the dishes, HooDoo was in the play room and Little Mama and Smiley were in the living room. She gave Smiley two library books thinking he would enjoy looking at them. He was enjoying them alright. I happened to check on them and saw Smiley eating a page! He tore a page from each book and was chewing on them.

Friday we went to the library/park and I showed the lady the two books and the pages he was eating. She said I was going to have to pay for the books. I thought great, okay how much. "Diesel and His Devious Deeds" is $17 and "Thank you Sarah" is $10. Grand total? You guessed it! $27 exactly what I made in the garage sale... just my luck!!!

3 comments:

Audrey said...

Awww, well that stinks! But we know for sure that The Lord provides, ;-)

I never make any money with garage sales either. Probably because I sale everything for pennies. LOL

Anonymous said...

So sorry but at least it was exactly that amount and not over it! :-) I can't leave Ella alone w/anything but board books right now, or she'd do the same thing. This morning she found my stationery box-luckily I caught her before she shredded anything.

rcsnickers said...

oh I totally agree... I am glad it was at least the money from the garage sale.

Letisha