Saturday, September 23, 2006

SCARE OF ANOTHER KIND

It does not take much for a Mommy to worry! I am actually a lot more calm as a Mother and situations than I thought I would be. Well tonight was my scariest moment! Some time after dinner Little Mama, Smiley and I were sitting on the porch blowing bubbles. Caleb came out to join us. We came back into the house. I do not remember the time relations from there. But it went like this, Caleb said he wanted to go out to the front porch to get his blanket. I said "I don't think your blanket is on the porch." He said it was. Well I opened the door and I saw it on the double rocker. I know I went to take diapers out of the dryer, put daniel's work shirt into the dryer and pants in the wash. I realized soon after that I had not seen HooDoo. He did have his shoes on because he wanted to go to Grammy's house. We were going over for her surprise birthday party. Earlier I had told him it wasn't time. Anyway, I realized I had not seen him. I checked in all the rooms downstairs and ran unpstairs. He checked under his bed, closet, my closet and Little Mama's closet. NO HOODOO!!!! I ran downstairs and told Daniel that I could not find him. I first checked the van, then walked around the pond on our property. I made my way to Grammy's and the house was locked and no HooDoo. I ran back home to tell Daniel and put Smiley in the sling so I could walk faster to search. Now Daniel and I are looking. I went back around the pond and no sign. I called for him and no answer! I was nervous at this point. I ran to Sarah's and he was not there. They came out to help look as well. We all at different times checked the pond. I went back into the house and checked every room AGAIN. I called for him asking "where are you?" Hoping he would answer. It was starting to get dark and Daniel drove the car up and down the road looking for him. I seriously was getting weak and very worried. Almost hyperventilating. I went back into the house and called my sister to tell her and ask for prayer!!! She told me to calm down. She asked if I checked everywhere. Which I did. Beds? Yes he is not under his bed. Pantry? No I did not check there but now checking and no Caleb. She told me I needed to call 911. So I called 911 and told them. He asked if I checked under the beds. I told him I did but will check again. I looked under his bed and then under Peacock's bed! What did my wondering eyes see? A calm sleeping blonde little boy! He was curled up with his blanket in the top corner under Peacoc's bed! I kept saying "he's here, he's here," I apologized to 911 and hung up! I pulled him out from under the bed, waking him up and held him so tight! I carried him downstairs to tell everyone (who were still outside looking)he was okay and safe in our house after all. I sat down on the bottom stair and just held him crying uncrontrollably. I have never experienced this scare and relief before -- I know Erin knows this pain and praise on a personal level.


I am very thankful that all is well. Feel so silly for all the worry in the first place. Still on the edge of crying! Thank you God.

note: I do not remember if I stood there until he came back in or saw the quilt and left to do something and he came in himself. He did not get a nap today and NVER goes up to his room at 6ish to fall asleep!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i started tearing up reading that. i am soooo glad you found him safe and sound.
laura

Erin said...

a big big HUG to you! praise the Lord he was OK

Audrey said...

Aww, Letisha...what a horrible thing to go through. I've been there and know the horror you felt!

Praise The Father he is safe and sound.

Audrey