Friday, September 22, 2006

PRAYER AND PRAISE!!!!!

Long story short-- my kids were to spend the night tonight with my Mom. She picked them up. Right when they sat down for dinner the tornado sirens at her house went off. She called. We do not have a tv set up to watch tv channels so I did not know the extent of the storm. I turned on the radio to hear fox. They said the storm warning for her area would be over at 6:15 - in 5 minutes. We decided for them to stay there instead of driving in the storm. Not long after that I got a strong feeling that they need to come home. I have never experienced a feeling like that before! The holy spirit was telling me to get them to my home. Right before they got here the radio stated that the storm would hit her town at 5:30pm and it had several funnel clouds in it--- very dangerous looking storm. We listened to the radio and they stated that her town was having 92mph wind! NO WAY!!!! okay, I had the internet connected and the abc blog so I could read the new updates plus listen to fox on the radio. Somehow, I do not know how, but Mom called and my Mom answered the phone _- home phone not cell phone-- and talked to Mom! I heard them say 92mph wind and I thought I could call Mom back. That's when I realized HOW DID SHE CALL WHEN THE LINE IS CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET -- dial up no DSL. I turned the phone on and heard the computer connected sound and had to disconnect to call Mom. So how did she call us? Only God!

Storm is over and we heard on the radio some damage. She called the EMS which is 3 buildings from her house and they told her not to come home tonight. They have called in local fire rescues to help.

I went back online to read the update on the weather blog. Here is what they said "The tornado was on the ground in [her town] and passed over the Emergency Operations Center (EMA). Multiple structures were damaged or destroyed." That is her area! She has gone with Dad and Derek to see if she has a house, or what is left of her house! We could not reach the couple that live behind her...

Please pray for the families in her town that have been hit by the tornado. Praise God for her and the kids safety!

okay, so maybe that was a short story made long!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly! That was scary! I am so glad to hear that all is OK.

What an awesome testimony of Gods power. Calling you when it shouldnt have been physically possible. I love it when He shows Himself in those ways!

Audrey