Saturday, August 12, 2006

SOME STUFF


Peacock got an LED flashlight for his birthday from us. He calls it is "RC battery flashlight!" How funny.

The other night Little Mama was in Peacock's bed. He said to her "Little Mama, do you want to be my wife when you grow up?" I thought it was very sweet of him. I explained that he could not marry her because she is his sister. God has a very special person planned for him... Lord willing. He concluded with "but I love Little Mama so much!" What sweet brotherly love.

I so many times watch Peacock with Little Mama and brings back wonderful memories of my brother Brian and I. He was 5 years older than me, but did everything with me. Took me places when he started to drive. He always tapped me on the back of the head... his loving gesture and I loved it!

Well now I am getting quite emotional. I guess with David and Leigh packing for their big move tomorrow has me emotional. I am so thankful for the time we have had with them here close by to see them all the time, to be there for the boys births and watch grow up, to celebrate every happy occassion, to be a family together. I am also thankful that now Leigh will be closer to her family to share these everyday living memories with them as well.

What has me really emotional is it was 10 years ago this month that my brother Brian and his wife moved out to Colorado. Just promise me this one thing David: YOU WILL NOT BUY A MOTORCYCLE!!!! Or I will personally drive up to where you live and repossess it from you!

No comments: